The Big Y Kids’ Corner on CPTV Kids is designed to encourage healthy eating and lifestyles for children and families. A series of vignettes feaures childhood nutrition expert Dr. David Katz, registered dietitians and a fitness instructor.
Big Y is happy to sponsor this project because of its long-standing commitment to children and families.
Watch these 45-second vignettes for quick tips on healthy eating, active lifestyles and more!
- Dr. David Katz talks about the NuVal Nutritional Scoring System at Big Y
- Learn about Big Y’s Education Express Program to Support Local Schools
- Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Avoiding Drinks with Added Sugar
- Dr Katz Explains “Food as Fuel”
- Exercise as Play
- Advice for Encouraging Your Picky Eater
- Mealtime Stress
- Preventing Childhood Obesity
- Teaching Kids to Try New Foods
What’s this? Einstein said to "never stop questioning" In that spirit, have fun answering these questions and see where your results stack up against a great big mountain of national polling data from Civic Science. Questions are wide-ranging from serious to silly, and your responses are kept 100% anonymous — even to Connecticut Public and our sponsors. Have a polling question you’d like us to pose? Send us a suggestion here.