The Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network’s new state-of-the-art Learning Lab is an innovative educational facility where students and teachers leverage technology to inspire creativity, learn digital media skills, produce new content, and develop college and career-readiness skills.
Located at CPBN’s corporate headquarters in Hartford, the Learning Lab is designed as:
• An innovative teaching facility.
• A collaborative learning and training center for youth and adult learners.
• A welcoming space to foster community conversations.
• An additional resource to develop CPBN media projects.
The Learning Lab’s 20,000 square-feet of classroom, studio, and computer space serves as a satellite campus for high school seniors through a partnership with Hartford Public Schools and the Journalism and Media Academy Magnet School. This video is just one of the memorable moments of our first year. It won a National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Award for Excellence.
In addition to CPBN’s partnership with Hartford Public Schools, the Learning Lab is home to the institute for advanced media, a free opportunity for post-9/11 veterans, their spouses,caregivers and adult learners. The institute for advanced media (iam) provides the men and women of our armed forces and adult learners an opportunity to learn skills necessary for the 21st century digital media workplace.
The Learning Lab gives students of all ages the opportunity to:
• Learn digital video production and editing.
• Learn digital publishing and print design.
• Learn from award-winning broadcast and media professionals.
• Learn to use industry-standard software and equipment.
• Develop a portfolio of personal work.
• Gain experience working with media professionals.
• Gain industry-specific certifications.
To learn more about our programs,or to find out how you can support the Learning Lab,
contact: Donna Sodipo
Vice President of Education
Connecticut Public presents a series of video short stories that celebrate the unique people and places that drive the pulse and spirit of our state. Browse the full series »
January 8, 2019
Catch the premiere of a new series, “Home Movies - American Journeys,” that focuses on the stories of immigrants building their lives in Connecticut. What’s YOUR family’s heritage story? Share it with our audiences. Find out more »