Courtesy of PBS, each week a new “Recipe of the Week” sure to delight will be featured on this page. Check out this week’s:
- 6 ounces thinly sliced beef
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 3.2 ounces broccoli (~half a head cut into small pieces)
- 14 ounces cooked udon noodles
- Marinate the beef with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of sake.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of sake and the black pepper.
- Add the vegetable oil to a frying pan and saute the ginger until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli and stir-fry until coated with oil and then add the beef.
- Stir-fry until the beef is mostly cooked, and then add the cooked udon noodles and sauce.
- Stir-fry until the liquid has evaporated and the noodles are starting to caramelize.
- Plate and serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings
For additional recipes and more, check out PBS’ Food Page.
And every Saturday, CPTV offers a range of shows to get viewers cooking. Tune in to learn how to spice up recipes — both old favorites and new hits!
Don’t miss out on the following programs, Saturdays on CPTV:
1:30 p.m. In Julia’s Kitchen with Master Chefs
2:00 p.m. America’s Test Kitchen
2:30 p.m. Cook’s Country
3:00 p.m. Martha’s Cooking School
4:00 p.m. Essential Pepin
4:30 p.m. Simply Ming
5:00 p.m. Lidia’s Kitchen