Courtesy of PBS, each week a new “Recipe of the Week” sure to delight will be featured on this page. Check out this week’s:
- 13.2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or jelly
- Put the oven rack in the middle position and preheat to 375 F (190 C). Grease a muffin pan. If you have a non-stick muffin pan, you can just drizzle a little oil onto a paper towel, and then wipe each cup to grease them. If your pan is not non-stick, you’ll need to grease it, and then dust each cup with some flour, dumping out any excess by flipping the pan over and tapping it on a hard surface.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and whisk together to combine evenly.
- Add the eggs, yogurt, peanut butter, butter, maple syrup and vanilla to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and fold together until it just forms a batter and there are no big lumps of flour. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups halfway, and then use a spoon to make an indentation in the center of each muffin.
- Add 2 teaspoons of jam into the indentation of each muffin.
- Top with the remaining batter, sealing the jam in.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. You can cool them completely on a cooling rack, or serve them warm.
For additional recipes and more, check out PBS’ Food Page.
And every Saturday, CPTV offers a range of shows to get viewers cooking. Tune in to learn how to spice up recipes — both old favorites and new hits!
Don’t miss out on the following programs, Saturdays on CPTV:
1:30 p.m. In Julia’s Kitchen with Master Chefs
2:00 p.m. America’s Test Kitchen
2:30 p.m. Cook’s Country
3:00 p.m. Martha’s Cooking School
4:00 p.m. Essential Pepin
4:30 p.m. Simply Ming
5:00 p.m. Lidia’s Kitchen