More people die of heart disease than any other disease in the world, and the type of heart disease people have, why they have it, and how it’s treated is changing. Life Lessons: Heart Matters explores advancements in treating and preventing heart disease from the perspective of medical experts in Connecticut. It will also examine how simple lifestyles changes may help people protect their heart and get on a path to a longer, healthier life.
Join Us for a Live Taping
Join CPTV on Thursday, January 30, 2020 beginning at 5 p.m. as part of the studio audience for Life Lessons: Heart Matters.
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. Click the button below for more information and to register.
The event will include:
- A reception featuring light hors d’oeuvres and beverages
- Free on-site parking
Host & Panelists
Hosted by Eric Clemons, TV Personality and Broadcaster
- Dr. Geetha Bhumireddy, Director of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Cardiac Stress Testing Lab, Saint Francis Hospital
- Dr. Amber Brody, Family Medicine, Nuvance Health, Western Connecticut Medical Group
- Todd Munn, Executive Director, American Heart Association
- Dr. Joyce Oen-Hsiao, Yale New Haven Hospital, General Cardiology, Preventive Cardiology, Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Dr. Aseem Vashist, M.D., Interim Chief, Section of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Service Line, and Director, Interventional Cardiology, Saint Francis Hospital
About the Host & Panelists
Clemons is a long-time television broadcaster who began his commercial career back in 1984 in Mobile, Alabama. He has covered major sports events at ESPN, FOX NFL Sunday, BET and FOX Sports Net on the national scene. He also has worked locally and regionally in New Orleans, Boston and Hartford. Currently Clemons is working with Comcast of Western New England, and is a published author of a book about his career entitled “Inside…But Out! A Black Man’s Journey Into the Life, Times and Trials of Big-time Sports Television” (www.insidebutout.com). He also is a part-time African historian, working on a TV documentary project, as well as a blogger and researcher.
When to Watch on CPTV
Life Lessons: Heart Matters premieres Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 8 p.m. on CPTV and streaming on this page. It encores on CPTV on Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 10 p.m. and Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Funding provided by:
Life Lessons: Heart Matters is a Connecticut Public Partnership Production.