The contamination of 15 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine will have a knock-on effect on supply in Connecticut from next week, the office of Gov. Ned Lamont said Wednesday. No vaccine that’s already been shipped to the state has been recalled, and the administration says none of the J&J product currently in Connecticut is compromised in any way. But the allocation of fresh J&J doses arriving next week will be just 6,400. Last week the state’s allocation was 53,900. “We have been told to anticipate that future weeks could be even lower before supply levels rebound,” said an emailed statement from the governor’s office Wednesday. “We are working with our providers to avoid disruption, and we believe that disruptions will be minimal.” However, the drastically lowered supply seems certain to affect the operation of sites that were relying on the one-shot vaccine. The disruption to supply chains around the country comes after an error in production at a

Poll from Civic Science. Find out more» 

Sponsored By